Minimally invasive surgery in gynecology in Kharkov
Minimally invasive operations in gynecology are becoming more and more in demand, as they allow effective treatment of diseases with minimal intervention in a patient’s body. The advantages of minimally invasive surgery are low tissue trauma, no severe pain after surgery, low risk of complications and a short recovery period.
What diseases does the gynecologist-surgeon treat at “ON Clinic Kharkov”?
Gynecologist at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkov” treats the following diseases:
- ovarian cysts are benign tumor-like masses filled with liquid contents. The cyst size varies from 1 cm to 15 cm and more. An overgrown ovarian cyst leads to pain in the lower abdomen, as well as a change in the menstruation duration and intensity. If ovarian cyst ruptures, immediate hospitalization is required;
- uterine fibroids - a benign tumor of the uterus muscle layer. The main signs of fibroids are heavy, painful menstruation, intermenstrual bleeding, and miscarriage. In some cases, fibroids can develop into a malignant tumor;
- prolapsed of the uterus - a pathology when the organ shifts below its anatomical boundaries. Lack of treatment leads to prolapse of the uterus outside the labia;
- uterine polyps - rounded neoplasms on the pedicle caused by overgrowth of the endometrium (the inner lining of the uterus). Polyps are single and multiple. Neoplasms lead to profuse uterine bleeding and infertility. The only treatment for pathology is surgical removal of uterine polyps;
- bartholinitis - inflammation of bartholin glands;
- frozen pregnancy in the uterine cavity;
- synechia - fusion of the labia minora in girls.
Also, our medical center performs plastic surgery of intimate organs. With the help of minimally invasive surgical techniques, it is possible to improve the appearance of the genitals, restore their lost functionality (after childbirth, trauma), and also improve the quality of sexual life.
Surgical treatment of bartholinitis
Bartholinitis is an inflammation of Bartholin glands located on either side of the lower part of the vagina. Paired glands with a diameter of about 1 cm produce a secret (lubricant) that moisturizes the vagina. The excretory ducts of Bartholin glands open on the inner side of the lower part of the labia minora.
When an infection enters the gland through the duct, it becomes inflamed and swollen. The secret can no longer come out and accumulates in the gland, forming a cyst. When the Bartholin gland tissue is filled with pus, an abscess occurs accompanied by body temperature rise to 38–39 and severe pain.
The main causes of bartholinitis include:
- insufficient hygiene of the genitals:
- bacterial and fungal diseases of the genitourinary system;
- trauma of the vaginal mucosa.
Treatment of bartholinitis can be pharmaceutical and surgical. For large cysts, abscesses and frequent relapses of the disease, surgery is indicated. Surgical treatment of bartholinitis involves opening a cyst or abscess, removing the contents or the gland itself.
The operation is performed under intravenous anesthesia or using a local anesthetic. A surgeon makes a small incision over the mass, removes its contents or the Bartholin gland itself. The wound is closed with a cosmetic suture. The operation takes about 30 minutes.
The recovery period after bartholinitis lasts 6-7 days. During this time, it is recommended to refuse to visit baths, saunas, to avoid hypothermia and sexual contacts.
Surgical curettage of the uterus
A frozen pregnancy is the termination of the development of the embryo in the uterus and its death. Pathology usually occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy. At first, a woman may not be aware of what happened, since the symptoms appear after a few days (from 6 to 12).
The main signs of a frozen pregnancy:
- severe, pulling pain in the lower abdomen;
- bloody vaginal discharge;
- feeling unwell;
- body temperature rise (37–37.5° С);
- abrupt cessation of toxicosis.
To prevent the intoxication of a woman’s body with the ovum decay products, surgical curettage of frozen pregnancy is performed. To clean the uterus, an endoscopic technique is used - hysteroresectoscopy, which is also used to diagnose gynecological diseases. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and lasts from 30 minutes to an hour. In the evening before and on the day of the operation, you must not eat; two hours before the operation you must not drink.
Scraping stages in case of frozen pregnancy:
- After anesthesia, a hysteroscope is inserted into the uterus through the vagina; this is a long thin probe with a built-in light source and a miniature video camera, the image from which is displayed in an enlarged form on the monitor.
- The surgeon examines the uterine cavity and removes the ovum with special instruments inserted into the uterus through a hysteroscope.
The biomaterial removed during the operation is sent to the laboratory for study. After completing the uterus scraping, a patient is transferred to the ward, where she is under the supervision of the medical staff from several hours to a day. The period of complete recovery after a frozen pregnancy lasts about 2-3 weeks.
Vacuum scraping for a frozen pregnancy involves the ovum removal from uterus using vacuum suction. The technique is used in the early stages of pregnancy and is inferior in efficiency to endoscopic-surgical scraping of uterus.
Intimate plastic operation is aimed at eliminating aesthetic defects of the genitals (congenital and acquired). Intimate area plastics can also improve your sex life and correct problems such as low arousal and difficulty reaching orgasm.
Types of intimate plastic surgery for women:
- labioplasty — correction of the shape and size of the large or small labia;
- vaginoplasty — operation to narrow the vagina and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles;
- hymenoplasty — restoration of hymen;
- defloration — surgical removal of too dense hymen;
- clitoroplasty — increase or decrease of the clitoris glans, excision of the clitoris hood to enhance sexual sensations;
- G-spot enlargement - injections of hyaluronic acid preparations into the erogenous zone on the front wall of the vagina. It allows both a woman and her partner to get more pleasure from sexual intercourse.
Surgical treatment of synechia
Synechia is a disease of the labia in girls characterized by their adhesion. Pathology is diagnosed in girls aged 3 to 6 years. In some cases, synechia in a child is observed after the onset of puberty.
The labia minora adhesion in girls is partial, when the entrance to the vagina grows together, and complete when the external opening of the urethra is overgrown. Synechia of labia minora can lead to disruption of the normal development of the external genital organs and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract. This labia disease is treated surgically - the adhesions are dissected with a scalpel.
Synechia in the uterus occurs in adult women against the background when affected by chronic inflammatory diseases of the uterus or difficult traumatic delivery. Surgical treatment of uterine adhesion involves dissection during the hysteroresectoscopy procedure. The surgeon inserts a hysteroscope into the uterus through the vagina - a hollow tube with a built-in light source and a video camera that transmits the image to the monitor. After examining the uterine cavity, the doctor dissects synechia with instruments inserted into the hysteroscope.
The operation takes 30-60 minutes. After its completion, a patient is transferred to the ward where she stays from 1-3 hours to a day.
Make appointment for a consultation by gynecologist regarding the treatment of gynecological diseases with minimally invasive surgical techniques at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkov”. Call the indicated phone number or leave your request on the website.
|Consultation with a surgeon||350 uah.|
|Consultation with an operating surgeon||350 uah.|
|Thoracic surgeon consultation||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Thoracic Surgeon Consultation||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with a surgeon||350 uah.|
|Endocrinology surgeon consultation||400 uah.|
|Consultation of an oncogynecologist||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with a gynecological oncologist||400 uah.|
|Consultation with an oncosurgeon||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with an oncosurgeon||400 uah.|
|Consultation with a surgeon-endocrinologist||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with an surgeon-endocrinologist||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation of a surgeon abroad||490 uah.|
The cost of minimally invasive surgery in gynecology in Kharkiv
Kutepova Ekaterina Vladimirovna
Kocherovsky Alexander Igorevich
Kaspari Natalya Romanovna
Stryukov Dmitry Vladislavovich
Afanasyev Igor Vladimirovich
Kravchenko Roman Vadimovich
Vovk Valeriy Anatoliyovych
Seleznyov Mikhailo Anatoliyovich
Robak Vsevolod Ihorovich
Address: Kharkiv, Molochnaya st., 48
- On map