Laparoscopy in Kharkiv
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgery technique that involves performance of operation on internal organs through small punctures in the abdominal wall. Unlike traditional open surgery, laparoscopic surgery is much less traumatic and does not require long-term rehabilitation.
Laparoscopy in surgery is used not only for treatment, but also for the diagnosis of diseases of internal organs, when non-invasive research methods (ultrasound, MRI, CT) do not provide enough information. During diagnostic laparoscopy, if necessary, operation can be performed immediately (removal of cyst, tumor).
How is laparoscopic surgery performed?
Like other operations, laparoscopy is performed under general anesthesia (intravenous or inhalation). Before the surgical intervention, a consultation by anesthesiologist is carried out to make sure that there are no allergies and contraindications to anesthesia in patient.
Stages of laparoscopy in Kharkiv at the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv”:
- the operating area is treated with antiseptic agents;
- in the navel area, the surgeon makes a small incision with a scalpel (up to 1.5 cm) and inserts a special hollow tube (trocar) into it;
- carbon dioxide is supplied through the trocar into the abdominal cavity to improve visibility of internal organs;
- a laparoscope is introduced into the trocar - an optical instrument in the form of a hollow thin tube. The laparoscope is equipped with a light source and a digital video camera, the image from which is displayed in an enlarged form on the monitor screen, allowing the doctor to examine the organs and control his actions during the operation;
- then another 1–4 incisions 5–10 mm long are made in the abdominal cavity. Their number depends on the purpose and location of the operation. Sterile laparoscopic instruments are inserted into the incisions, with the help of which the surgeon, controlling his actions on the monitor screen, performs an operation (removes an organ, tumor, cyst) or takes a tissue sample for examination;
- surgical instruments are removed from the abdominal cavity and gas is removed;
- a cosmetic suture is applied to the incisions.
The tissues removed during laparoscopy are sent to the laboratory for research (if a malignant process is suspected). After the completion of the laparoscopic operation, the patient is transferred to the ward. In the absence of complications, he/she is discharged home in 1–3 days.
Advantages of laparoscopic surgery
Laparoscopic operations are referred to as minimally invasive methods of treatment, since they involve minimal intervention in the patient’s body. Thanks to this, the postoperative period is much easier and faster.
The advantages of operations performed by the laparoscopic method include:
- low invasiveness;
- lack of severe pain;
- short duration of the operation (on average from 30 minutes to 1-2 hours);
- minimal blood loss;
- short rehabilitation period. Recovery after laparoscopy takes much less time than after open surgery;
- good cosmetic effect. Scars after laparoscopy are barely visible.
Another important advantage of operations performed by the laparoscopic method is the ability to preserve the function of the operated organ. Therefore, this method of minimally invasive intervention is also widely used in gynecology.
Complications after laparoscopy are very rare. Due to the use of special surgical instruments and video monitoring, the adjacent organs are not affected during the operation. Due to the low risk of infection of the abdominal cavity, adhesions after laparoscopy are very rare.
What diseases are treated by laparoscopic method at “ON Clinic Kharkiv”
If you need surgical treatment, make appointment for a consultation by a surgeon in Kharkiv. At the medical center “ON Clinic Kharkiv” laparoscopic operations are performed for the following diseases:
- varicocele (varicose veins of testicle). Laparoscopy for varicocele is recognized as a priority surgical method of treatment. The essence of the operation is to ligate the spermatic vein through 3 small punctures on the abdomen and restore blood flow in the testicle;
- hernia. Laparoscopy for hernias provides for the reduction of the viscera from the hernial sac back into the abdominal cavity and the installation of a mesh implant in place of the hernial gate, which prevents the recurrence of the pathology;
- cholecystitis (stones in the gallbladder). Laparoscopy for cholecystitis is the best treatment for pathology. The gallbladder, which no longer fulfills its function, is removed through several punctures in the abdomen. After laparoscopy of gallbladder, the patient returns to his usual life in a few days;
- ovarian cyst. Laparoscopy of the ovarian cyst allows you to remove the neoplasm in the most gentle way, without injuring the ovary and preserving the patient's reproductive function;
- uterine fibroids (benign tumor of the muscle layer of the uterus). Removal of myoma by laparoscopic method is indicated for small fibroids. Minimally invasive surgery is also performed if the patient is planning a pregnancy after laparoscopy.
To make an appointment with the surgeon, fill out the online appointment form or call the specified phone number. The operators will agree with you the date and time of the visit, and will also answer questions.
|Consultation with a surgeon||350 uah.|
|Consultation with an operating surgeon||350 uah.|
|Thoracic surgeon consultation||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Thoracic Surgeon Consultation||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with a surgeon||350 uah.|
|Endocrinology surgeon consultation||400 uah.|
|Consultation of an oncogynecologist||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with a gynecological oncologist||400 uah.|
|Consultation with an oncosurgeon||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with an oncosurgeon||400 uah.|
|Consultation with a surgeon-endocrinologist||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation with an surgeon-endocrinologist||400 uah.|
|ONLINE Consultation of a surgeon abroad||490 uah.|
The cost of laparoscopy in Kharkiv
Kutepova Ekaterina Vladimirovna
Kocherovsky Alexander Igorevich
Kaspari Natalya Romanovna
Stryukov Dmitry Vladislavovich
Afanasyev Igor Vladimirovich
Kravchenko Roman Vadimovich
Vovk Valeriy Anatoliyovych
Seleznyov Mikhailo Anatoliyovich
Robak Vsevolod Ihorovich
Address: Kharkiv, Molochnaya st., 48
- On map