Computed tomography in Kharkiv
- Комп'ютерна томографія з контрастом
- Комп'ютерна томографія хребта
- Комп'ютерна томографія сечовидільної системи
- Computed tomography of abdominal cavity and small pelvis
- Computed tomography of bones and soft tissues
- Computed tomography of chest
- Computed tomography of complete body
- Computed tomography of head and brain
- Computed tomography of intestine
- Computed tomography of lungs
- Computed tomography of stomach
What does CT show?
CT scan shows changes in the structure of internal organs, blood vessels, soft tissues and bones. The examination allows to reveal the slightest deviations in their anatomical structure and density. The CT method is indispensable for the diagnosis of tumors, pathological changes in tissues and circulatory disorders. Computed tomography of children is performed in most cases to identify possible injuries to the skull or extremities received during childbirth.
CT is used for examination of:
- skull bones;
- abdominal cavity organs;
- pelvic organs;
- chest organs;
- blood vessels (angiography).
Where can you perform a CT scan?
It is possible to perform a computed tomography in Kharkiv at “ON Clinic Kharkiv ” Medical Center. Appointment and reception around the clock!
For diagnostics, a Siemens SOMATOM go.Up computed tomography device is used, which provides fast and accurate scanning at low radiation exposure. The sensor makes 64 high-quality image scans in one revolution, which allows to scan large ranges in one breath-hold.
Even small blood vessels can be examined with the SOMATOM go.Up tomograph thanks to the contrast enhancement and the scans only 0.5 mm thick. Make an appointment for a computed tomography at “ON Clinic Kharkiv ” Medical Center by leaving a request on the website or by calling the specified phone number.
When is it necessary to undergo computed tomography?
During computed tomography, a patient receives a small dose of X-rays. Therefore, the study is carried out only on the recommendation of a doctor.
Computed tomography is done when the following is necessary:
- to identify pneumonia;
- to conduct examination after fractures and degenerative changes in the musculoskeletal system;
- to identify diseases and injuries of the spine;
- to conduct a study of the brain to detect cerebral infarction, tumors and bleeding;
- to measure the thickness of bones in osteoporosis;
- to identify diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
At “ON Clinic Kharkiv Pushkinska”, diagnostics is carried out on the computed tomography machine SOMATOM go.Up, which allows scanning with low radiation exposure. Thanks to the contrast enhancement, even small blood vessels can be examined with the SOMATOM go.Up tomograph.
How to get prepared for Computer Tomography
Preparation for computer tomography supposes refusal to eat and drink 2-4 hours before the study. Immediately before the diagnostics, it is necessary to remove all metal objects (jewelry, watches, clothes with metal items). When carrying out computer tomography for children under 13 years of age, special training is not required. By analogy with adults, children need to get prepared starting from the age of 14.
At “ON Clinic Kharkiv Pushkinska”, CT angiography of upper and lower extremities, heart and coronary vessels are not performed. At the medical center you can do the following:
- CT scan of the spine;
- CT of the bones;
- CT scan of the soft tissues;
- CT scan of the neck;
- CT scan of the brain;
- CT scan of the chest;
- CT scan of the lungs;
- CT scan of the abdominal cavity;
- CT scan of the pelvic organs;
- CT of the head;
- CT of the jaw;
- CT scan of the stomach;
- CT scan of the intestine.
You can make an appointment for a computer tomography in Kharkiv by the phone numbers indicated on the website or through the online appointment form. Appointment for CT is carried out around the clock.