X-ray at the ON Clinic
- Рентген кистей и стоп
- Рентген пояснично-крестцового отдела позвоночника
- Рентген ребер
- Рентген шейно-грудного отдела позвоночника
- Head X-ray
- X-ray of joints and bones
- X-ray of spine
- X-ray of the abdominal organs
- X-ray of thoracic organs
What are the Roentgenography and the Roentgenoscopy (Fluoroscopy)?
Roentgenography has gone into the creation of a variety of hardware techniques for examining the human body (for example, CT). One of the modifications of Roentgenography was Roentgenoscopy.
Its feature is to display a dynamic image on the monitor screen. The roentgenologist does not work with a static one-step snapshot, but gets the opportunity to study the processes going on in dynamics. As a result, the doctor can judge the functioning of the internal organs. For example, if Chest X-ray shows the condition of the tissues of the chest, then Roentgenoscopy shows the work of the heart and blood vessels, and lung function.
In the case of studying the gastrointestinal tract, the process, the rate of mass passing through the intestines, and so on are evaluated. Roentgenoscopy is indispensable for certain surgical procedures, such as vascular catheterization.
What is dangerous of the Roentgenography?
The basis of Roentgenography is the ability of X-rays to penetrate through various tissues with different distortion. Some tissues absorb more rays than others, resulting in a clear and contrasting image of the internal organs. A high dose of ionizing radiation can disrupt the internal processes - this is the main danger of X-rays.
The safety of the procedure depends on which X-ray machine is used. In the medical center ON Clinic, the latest medical equipment is used, which allows to get a clear and sharp image with minimal patient exposure.
Do X-rays are allow for pregnant and breastfeeding women?
Roentgenography is an informative procedure with the following advantages:
- availability of the technique and the possibility of rapid diagnosis;
- minimum number of contraindications - the study is assigned to patients of different ages;
- painlessness and lack of special training (with rare exceptions);
- high accuracy of the obtained data.
X-ray allows you to quickly diagnose a wide range of pathologies of internals, detect neoplasmas and structural cell abnormalities and monitor the course of treatment.
Despite the advantages of the technique, it has limitations: X-rays during pregnancy and breastfeeding are not prescribed and are replaced by other hardware research methods, for example, ultrasonography.
How to make Roentgenography in a proper manner?
In the most cases, Roentgenography does not require special prepearing, but before some types of examination a number of procedures need to be performed. Preparation for irrigoscopy is to cleanse the intestines with enemiasis and laxatives. The examination of the gastrointestinal tract is conducted in the morning on an empty stomach.
The examination takes 5-10 minutes and is conducted according to the following scheme:
- the patient removes jewelry, accessories, and sometimes strips to the waist;
- non-test parts of the body are protected by lead aprons;
- during the operation of the apparatus it is necessary to maintain immobility
Sometimes the roentgenologist asks to change the posture to create images in several projections.
Why do we need different projections on the X-ray?
Roentgenography involves obtaining a flat image of three-dimensional objects. To study in detail their state in different planes, various projections are needed. During the examination, the roentgenologist may ask the patient to take another posture or reconfigure the device to obtain additional images.
What are “spot-films X-ray”?
The technique allows to study both the state of the body cavity (for example, the chest or abdominal), and a separate organ. In the second case, the examination is called “spot-film”: an X-ray device is set up to receive an image of a specific part of the body.
In the medical center ON Clinic you can undergo the following procedures:
- Roentgenography and Roentgenoscopy of the Сhest
- plain abdominal Roentgenography.
- Roentgenography of the skull, nasal sinuses and bones.
- Roentgenography of the regions of spine (with functional loads and in several projections).
- Roentgenography of the joints and bones of the skeleton (in several projections and spot-films).
You can learn more about the services by contacting the medical center.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)