What does the pediatric orthopaedist treat?
The most common diseases of the musculoskeletal system are:
- cerebral palsy;
- dysplasia, dislocation of the hip joints;
- myogenic torticollis;
- pathologies of muscle tone (hypo-, hypertonicity and dystonia);
- spastic paresis;
- malformation of the hands and feet;
- valgus feet;
- posture deformity, etc.
Since the child’s body is in the process of intensive growth and formation, the pathological signs are often mild, or diseases in the early stages are asymptomatic. Scheduled consultations at a children’s orthopedist enable to identify timely disorders, eliminate them and prevent the development of serious complications (up to disability).
Orthopaedists of the children’s department of the medical center “ON Clinic” have extensive experience in the diagnostics and therapy with modern methods of the pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
Symptoms that indicate the need for consultation with a pediatric orthopaedist include the following:
- asymmetrical folds in the legs of the infant;
- different length of legs;
- shoulder or hip asymmetry;
- limiting flexion in the hip joint;
- low mobility, pain and fatigue while walking;
- lack of walking skills in a 1.5-year-old child;
- walking exclusively on tiptoe;
- curvature of the lower or upper extremities;
- the inability of the child to change independently from a sitting position to a standing position, etc.
Treatment under the supervision of a competent pediatrician provides a quick and complete recovery of the child. The first routine examination by a doctor should be carried out under the age of 1 month of the newborn, after which it is recommended to visit a pediatric orthopedist once every three months until 1 year of age. In the future, the consultation of a specialist should be of a regular annual nature (in the absence of urgent indications).
How is the examination by a children’s orthopedist performed?
At the first visit, anamnesis is collected (hereditary predisposition, characteristics of the labor process, etc.) and a visual examination of the child, during which:
- the anatomical structure of the musculoskeletal system is analyzed according to age;
- the amplitude of the movements of the joints is determined, etc.
If necessary, an additional examination can be prescribeed, which often includes ultrasound and X-ray of the joints. The data obtained become the basis for an individual treatment regimen and rehabilitation program.
An appointment with a pediatric orthopedist in “ON Clinic” is carried out by calling or filling out an online application with an indication of the desired date and time of the consultation.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)