Impairment of the functioning of the nervous system of a child’s body is fraught with serious consequences in the future, since it affects significantly the child’s neuropsychological development. Neurologists of the children’s department of the Medical Center “ON Clinic” have extensive experience in identifying and eliminating diseases of the neurological profile.
Timely consultation of a children’s neurologist enables to determine the level of development and maturation of the brain structures, and the formation of the children’s nervous system. Subsequently, the planned visit to the specialist contributes to the control over the compliance of the child’s development rates, their correction if necessary, as well as the identification of children’s neurological diseases.
Children’s neurological diseases
Neurological lesions in children can occur due to various reasons, which include the following:
- hereditary predisposition (myasthenia, myopathy, etc.);
- infectious diseases (meningitis, encephalitis, etc.);
- intoxication of the body (encephalopathy);
- hypoxia (inhibition of the cerebral cortex function, etc.);
- injuries, etc.
The competence of the pediatric neurologist is the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- perinatal encephalopathy (including sleep and eating disorders, muscle hypertonia or hypotonia, delayed motor development, etc.);
- disorders of cerebral circulation;
- cerebral palsy, etc.
Since signs of damage to the nervous system in childhood are not clearly pronounced, only a specialist can diagnose their occurrence. We recommend not to ignore the symptoms of neurological diseases, but seek qualified help.
Symptoms of neurological diseases in children
Clinical symptoms in a newborn child, indicating the need for consulting a doctor, include the following:
- tense or hyposthenic body;
- irregular breathing;
- frequent regurgitation;
- disproportionate head size (too big or too small);
- periodic tremor of the hands, feet or chin;
- day or night cramps, etc.
Also, the reason to make an appointment with a pediatric neurologist can be as follows:
- loss of consciousness;
- urinary incontinence;
- weakening of cognitive functions according to age;
- impaired coordination or swallowing reflex;
- body asymmetry, etc.
The neurological pathology found at an early stage is more effectively corrected, both by medical and physiotherapeutic methods. Our neurologists work in close cooperation with pediatric physicians of various profiles (orthopedist and others), which enables to speed up significantly the healing process.
To make an appointment with the specialists of the children’s department of the medical center “ON Clinic” contact us by sending an online application or call the specified telephone number.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)