Pediatric nephrology at ON Clinic
Impaired kidney health significantly affects the work of other organ systems, so timely access to a doctor can not only eliminate the disease, but also prevent serious complications (intoxication of the body, the transition of the disease to the chronic stage of the course, etc.).
Specialists of the children’s department of the medical center “ON Clinic” conduct a wide range of medical measures for the detection and treatment of diseases of the urinary organs in children at different age stages. Our diagnostic equipment provides fast and accurate diagnosis establishment under conditions comfortable for the child.
Signs indicating the need to visit a pediatric nephrologist, are following:
- change in the amount of urine excreted;
- nocturnal incontinence of urine after 4 years;
- the presence in the urine of blood, mucus or sediment;
- painful urination;
- redness of the external genital organs;
- arterial hypertension, etc.
What does a pediatric nephrologist do?
The competence of the pediatric nephrologist includes the treatment of kidney disease, the main task of which is an effective conservative course in order to avoid surgical intervention.
The most common kidney diseases in childhood are the following:
- children’s pyelonephritis;
- renal pathology caused by the side effects of certain drugs;
- various nephropathies (familial, dysmetabolic, urolithiasis, etc.);
- congenital pathologies of the kidneys;
- inflammation of the kidneys (nephritis with vasculitis or systemic connective tissue diseases, etc.);
- hemolytic-uremic syndrome, etc.
Since the diseases at an early stage do not have pronounced characteristic symptoms, we recommend at the slightest suspicion to seek qualified help from a pediatric nephrologist for conducting clinical examination (urinalysis and blood tests, ultrasound, etc.).
How is the examination by a pediatric nephrologist performed?
The initial stage of examination at a children’s nephrologist includes collection and analysis of patient complaints, after which the presence/absence of congenital discrepancies in the development of the urinary system is established, and palpation (sounding) of the kidneys is performed. The data obtained become the basis for the prescription of further examination and development of an individual course of therapy.
To make an appointment with the nephrologist of the children’s clinic of the medical center “ON Clinic”, fill in the application form on the website of the clinic or call us at the specified telephone number. Calls are taken around the clock.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)