- Боли в животе у детей
- Гастрит у ребенка
- Диарея у детей
- Дуоденит у детей
- Запор у ребенка
- Кишечные колики
- Колит у детей
- Лямблиоз у детей
- Панкреатит у детей
- Рвота у детей
- Срыгивание у новорожденных
- Энтерит у детей
Gastroenterologists of the pediatric department of the Medical Center “ON Clinic” have extensive experience in diagnostics of pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract and the prescription of an individual effective course of therapy. The department itself is equipped with the necessary modern equipment for quick and comfortable clinical research.
What does the pediatric gastroenterologist do?
The competence of the pediatric gastroenterologist includes diagnostics, treatment and prevention of functioning of the digestive tract, namely:
- esophagus (esophagostenosis, the presence of ulcers on its mucous membrane, etc.)
- stomach (inflammation of the mucous membrane, impaired motility, etc.);
- pancreas (inflammation, insufficient synthesis of hormones, etc.);
- biliary system (biliary dyskinesia, etc.);
- liver (presence of parasites, hepatosis, etc.);
- intestines (inflammation of the colon or small intestine, etc.), etc.
The main causes of diseases of the digestive system include genetic predisposition, unhealthy diet and helminthic invasions.
The most common symptoms of diseases of the digestive tract in children are following:
- abdominal pain, especially with fever and weakness;
- change in appetite (its increase or decrease, or selectivity in food);
- acetone breath odour;
- nausea and vomiting, belching, heartburn;
- disorders of the stool (diarrhea, constipation, the presence of lumps of undigested food in the feces), etc.
Since the signs of digestive disorders in children may be mild or almost asymptomatic, we strongly recommend to seek the professional help of a pediatric gastroenterologist in case of the slightest suspicion.
How is the examination at the pediatric gastroenterologist performed?
On the eve of visiting the doctor it is recommended to follow a diet with avoidance of fatty, junk and aerogenesis-provoking food, it is also important not to drink a lot of liquid just before the examination.
Consultation and examination by a pediatric gastroenterologist include:
- collection of patient complaints;
- analysis of the incidence of pathological symptoms;
- assessment of data on lifestyle, nutrition, and daily regimen;
- palpation and sounding of the abdomen.
Based on the results obtained, a list of necessary clinical studies is prescribed by the gastroenterologist.
What tests can a pediatric gastroenterologist prescribe?
The following diagnostic procedures and tests can be used to make an accurate diagnosis and identify the cause of diseases of the gastrointestinal organs.
- general and biochemical blood test;
- stool chart (fecal examination);
- ultrasound of the abdominal organs;
- endoscopic examinations;
- C-breath tests, etc.
Appointment to the gastroenterologist of the children’s clinic “ON Clinic” is carried out by filling out the form on the website or calling the specified telephone number.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)