A pediatrician specializing in the identification and treatment of endocrine disorders is a pediatric endocrinologist.
In the children’s clinic of the medical center “ON Clinic”, the doctors work, who have extensive experience in the diagnostcis of hormonal disorders at an early stage of the disease and the development of an effective course of treatment.
What diseases does the children’s endocrinologist treats?
The competence of the pediatric endocrinologist includes identification and treatment of the following diseases:
- thyroid dysfunction (iodine deficiency disorders, hypo- and hyperthyroidism);
- diabetes mellitus in children (type 1 and 2);
- adrenal gland diseases (chronic adrenal insufficiency, etc.);
- obesity (as a result of carbohydrate metabolism, pituitary or thyroid dysfunction);
- disorder of puberty (absence or premature appearance of secondary sexual characteristics);
- growth disorder (acceleration/deceleration or discrepancy in the growth of some parts of the body), etc.
Since in the early stages, the disorders of this type do not have a pronounced manifestation and can be disguised as other diseases (a disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, etc.), there is a danger of late visits to a doctor.
We recommend to seek qualified help when the first signs of the disease appear, namely:
- constant thirst;
- acetone breath odour;
- sharp change in body weight;
- sleep disturbance;
- itching and dry skin;
- hair loss;
- appearance of signs of puberty under the age of 8 years and their absence after 13 years of age;
- the presence of diseases of the hormonal profile of the next of kin and others.
How is the examination by the pediatric endocrinologist performed?
The first step of examination by the pediatric endocrinologist is the history taking and analyzing complaints, after which the doctor conducts an external examination of the child. Additional examinations are often indicated, namely ultrasound, hormonal tests and blood tests.
To make an appointment for a consultation with the pediatrician of the Medical Center “ON Clinic”, fill in the online form on the clinic website or call us at the specified telephone number.