Specialists of the children’s department of the medical center “ON Clinic” have extensive experience in identifying and treating skin and venereal diseases.
The necessity for consultation of a children’s dermatovenerologist is indicated by the occurrence of characteristic symptoms, namely:
- rash, desquamation, induration and ulcers on the skin;
- itching, burning or redness in the groin area;
- pain in the groin;
- specific discharge from the genitals;
- hair loss;
- change in the color and structure of nails;
- papillomas, warts and nevi (pigmented spots) on the skin of a child;
- the presence of white plaque or ulcers on the mucous membrane, and others.
What does a pediatric dermatovenerologist do?
The competence of the pediatric dermatovenereologist includes identifying, prescribing a course of therapy and a scheme for the prevention of the following diseases:
- dermatitis of various origin;
- acne and teenage acne;
- pediculosis, scabies;
- seborrhea, psoriasis;
- dystrophy and mycosis of nails;
- pyoderma, etc.
Since the etiology and pathogenesis of these diseases may include viral, infectious, parasitic or allergic factors, we strongly recommend, in case the first signs of the pathology appear, do not self-medicate, but seek professional help from a doctor.
What tests can a pediatric dermatovenerologist prescribe?
After collecting complaints and examining the skin and mucous membranes of the patient, the following clinical studies are prescribed to clarify the diagnosis:
- complete blood count and urine;
- allergic tests;
- tests for demodex (subcutaneous parasite mite);
- diagnostics of the scalp and hair;
- tests for the presence of mycoses of ungueal plates;
- scraping of genital organs mucous, etc.
Since other organs can often be involved in the pathological process, the treatment is often supplemented by consultation with related specialists (gynecologist, urologist, etc.).
How is the examination at the children’s dermatovenerologist performed?
The primary and main diagnostic technique of a pediatric dermatologist is an examination. It includes an assessment of the condition of the skin (color, sebaceous excretions and sweating, the presence of birthmarks, etc.), analysis of the sensitivity and elasticity of the skin, the color and integrity of the mucous membranes, the condition of the nails and hair.
No special preparation for visiting the pediatric dermatologist is required, but before visiting the doctor it is recommended to avoid medicines that can distort the current clinical picture and make it difficult to make an accurate diagnosis (antihistamine, antimycotic and anti-inflammatory drugs).
To make an appointment for a consultation with a dermatovenerologist of the children’s department of the Medical Center “ON Clinic”, fill in the form on the clinic website or call us at the specified telephone number. Calls are taken around the clock.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)