Specialists of the children’s department of the medical center “ON Clinic” have extensive experience in detecting the pathological process at an early stage of development, and the department itself is equipped with modern diagnostic equipment for rapid clinical examinations.
Signs indicating the need to visit a pediatric cardiorheumatologist are the following:
- poor sleep and appetite in a child;
- increased sweating;
- increased fatigue;
- cyanosis (blue color) of the skin of the fingertips, around the lips and eyes;
- change in heart rhythm;
- blood pressure jumps;
- long-term elevated ESR value in the blood (erythrocyte sedimentation rate, a change in the indices of which indicates the presence of a pathological process);
- joint pain, etc.
Since the child’s body is in the intensive growth phase, the presence of cardiorheumatological pathologies can significantly affect the further functioning of the cardiovascular system and overall health.
What is the difference between a cardiologist and a cardiorheumatologist?
Despite the fact that both specialists are engaged in the diagnostics and treatment of the organs of the cardiovascular system, the competence of the cardiologist provides for the identification and therapy of pathologies of the heart and blood vessels, whereas the cardiorheumatologist specializes exclusively in heart disease.
What diseases does a pediatric cardiorhematologist treat?
The pediatric cardiorheumatologist diagnoses and treats diseases such as:
- congenital and acquired heart defects;
- rheumatic heart disease;
- cardiopathy (functional, dilated, dysplastic or secondary);
- reactive and rheumatoid arthritis;
- systemic connective tissue diseases (scleroderma, lupus erythematosus, etc.), etc.
Timely visit to a doctor and strict adherence to his prescriptions, multiply the effectiveness of treatment and the speed of recovery of the functions of the child’s heart, as well as prevent the development of serious complications (up to disability).
How does a pediatric cardiorhematologist perform examination?
Since the management of treatment of rheumatoid lesions of the heart is largely determined by the age and physiological aspects of the structure of the child’s body, it is necessary to make an appointment for an examination to the pediatrician only.
Examination of the patient by a pediatric cardiorheumatologist includes the following:
- assessment of skin color;
- defining the borders of the heart by palpation and sounding;
- determination of the sonority of tones and rhythm of the heart, the identification of murmur using auscultation;
- blood pressure measurement, etc.
On the basis of the data obtained, a list of laboratory (allergic tests, rheumatoid samples) and instrumental (heart ultrasound, ECG, etc.) diagnostic procedures is assigned.
The presence of heart disease in a child requires regular monitoring of the changes of its development and response to treatment in time, which ensures complete recovery and the absence of complications in the future.
Appointment to children’s cardiorheumatologists at the Medical Center “ON Clinic” can be made by filling out an online form on the website or by calling the specified telephone numbers.
Available at medical centers:
(m. Palace of Sports)