Department of Neurology at ON Clinic
- Vegetovascular dystonia
- Stuttering and speech pathologies
- Migraine and headaches
- Disturbance of vestibular apparatus
- Memory impairment
- Sleep disturbances
- Neuritides and polyneuritides
- Neurocirculatory asthenia
- Post-stroke conditions
- Chronic cerebrovascular disorders
- Encephalopathies of different genesis
What diseases does a neurologist treat at the medical center ON Clinic?
A neurologist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats neurological disorders (diseases of the central and peripheral nervous systems, including diseases of brain and spinal cord, cranial and peripheral nerves, neuromuscular nodes and muscles). A consultation by a neurologist includes an examination of a patient, during which the doctor checks reflexes, sensitivity, muscle strength, and evaluates the functional state of the vestibular apparatus. In addition, the doctor checks anamnesis. If necessary, the neurologist can refer to additional tests: ultrasound of blood vessels and brain, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain and spine, electroencephalography (EEG), laboratory tests. After the examination, the neurologist makes a diagnosis and prescribes an individual treatment regimen.
The list of neurological diseases treated by a neurologist includes:
- insomnia and sleep disturbances;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- hypertension (high blood pressure);
- hypotension (low blood pressure);
- neuritis, polyneuritis;
- spinal osteochondrosis;
- consequences of stroke and traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
Treatment for neurological diseases includes drug therapy, dietary and lifestyle correction, reflexology, physiotherapy, stem cell therapy and immunomodulatory drugs. In some cases, the treatment of nervous system diseases involves psychotherapy aimed at solving the patient's emotional problems.
Why can neurological diseases develop?
One of the risk factors for the development of diseases of the nervous system is old age. But neurological diseases occur in both young people and children.
Factors provoking the development of nervous system disorders include:
- prolonged nervous tension;
- intoxication of the body;
- infectious diseases;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- violation of sleep and wakefulness;
- hereditary predisposition;
- bad ecology;
- side effects of drugs;
- emotional and physical overstrain of the body.
What are the symptoms of neurological diseases?
With the appearance of fatigue, anxiety, sharp change in mood, decrease in concentration, we often ignore our condition. But should not forget that these symptoms may indicate not only burn-out, but also the onset of nervous system diseases.
Symptoms of neurological diseases include:
- facial asymmetry;
- ataxia (lack of coordination);
- spinal pain;
- joint pain;
- impaired concentration, memory, speech;
- sleep disorders (insomnia, increased drowsiness);
- general weakness;
- numbness of the limbs;
- rapid fatigability;
- bouts of anxiety and acute shortness of breath;
- anxiety, depression;
- tremor of the limbs;
- buzzing in ears.
To make an appointment at the Department of Neurology of “ON Clinic”, call the phone numbers indicated on the website or fill out the online form. You can make an appointment around the clock.